DECREE NO. 84-311 0F 22 MAY 1884 TO LAY DOWN THE CONDITIONS FOR IMPLEMENTING LAW NO. 80-22 OF 14 JULY 1980
The president of the republic
Mindful of the constitution ;
Mindful of ordinance no 74-1 of 6 july 1974 to establish rules governing land tenure, as amended by ordinance no 77-1 of 10 january 1977 and by law no. 79-5 of 29 june 1979 ;
Mindful of law no. 80-22 of july 1980 to repress infringements on landed property and state lands, in particular sections 7 and 8 there of ;
HEREBY DECREES AS FOLOWS :
1. This decree lays down the conditions for implementing law no 80-22 of 14 july 1980 to repress infringements on landed property and state lands as amended by law no 81-21 of 27 november 1981.
2. (1) following publication of this decree, the specialized services of the lands departement shall record on existing and future land certificates in joint ownership a clause stipulating inalienability of the said lands in their present state ;
(2) However, an asbtract of title shall be established when recording and cancelling the clause.
3. (1) The cancellation of the clause provided for in the preceding article shall be based on a deed prepared by a publc notary and on plans showing respective plots of joint owners in accordance with the provisions of decree no 79-017 of 13 january 1979 relating to private real estate transactions or on a final judicial decision supported by partitions plans ;
(2) In eitheir case above one or more land certificates shall where necessary be established for each joint.
4. Control and surveillance commitee for state lands as provided for in section 7 of law no 80-22 of july 1980 shall be in villages of quarters.
5. Appointed by the senior divisional officer, the surveillance commitee shall comprise.
The subdivisional officer or district head.
The mayor ;
The village chief or quarter head ;
Two persons at least, one of whom must be a village or quarter dignitary.
6. (1) The commitee shall meet whenever necessary upon being convened by its chairman to decide on any matter referred to it concerning unlawful occupation of the private property of the state or any public corporate body.
(2) The commitee shall then establish the unlawful occupation and forthwith inform the competent senior divisional officer who shall apply the provisions of sections 5 and 6 of law no. 80-27 of july 1980.
7. (1) Sales deeds in respect of private property in jopint ownership registered before the date of publication of this decree shall not subject to its provisions.
(2) The shall be dranw up in accordznce with decree no. 79-17 of 13 january 1979 relating to private real property transactions.
Paul Biya President of the republic