VOTING BY CAMEROONIAN CITIZENS SETTLED OR RESIDING ABROAD
Law n°2011/013 of july 2011 relating to voting by Cameroonian citizens settled or residing abroad
The National Aassembly deliberated and adopted the President of the Republic here by enacts the laws set out below :
Section 1 : Cameroonian citizens settled or residing abroad shall exercise their participation in the election of the President of the Republic and in referendums.
Section 2 : (1) cameroonian citizens settled or residing abroad shall be entered on the registers of electors opened at diplomatic represatations and consular posts in their countries of residence or attachment.
(2) They must enjoy their civic and political rigths and fulfil all the required legal conditions to be an elector.
(3) on the proposal of government, polling stations shall be up in diplomatic representations and consular posts.
Section 3 : (1) In view of the participation of Cameroonian citizens settled or residing abroad in the election of the president of the Republic or in referendums, the following structures shall be set up in diplomatic representations and consular posts.
commissions charged with the drawing up and revision of register of electors ;
commissions charged with the issuance and distribution of voter’s cards ;
local polling commissions.
(2) The electoral board of Elections Cameroon (ELECAM) shall hold consultations wtih diplomatic representations, consular posts and political patiers with a view to setting up the commissions provided for in sub-section (1) above.
(3) The composition of the commissions referred to in sub-section (1) above shall be certified by the Director-General of Elections.
(4) The composition and functionning of the commissions reffered to in sub-section (1) above shall be determned by regulation.
Section 4 : Specific conditions applicable to preparatory activities for the election of the president of the Republic and referendums, the organization and supervision of elections and referendums, polling and the counting of the votes of Cameroonian citizens settled or residing abroad shall be laid down by regulation.
Section 5 : regulator instruments shall specify, as and where necesary, conditions for the implementation of this law.
Section 6 : all previous provisions repugnant hereto are hereby repealed.
Section 7 : this law shall be registred, published according to the procedure of urgency and inserted in the Official Gazette in English and French.
Yaoundé, 13 july 2011
(s) Paul BIYA
President of the republic